At Fette Sau, they use this dry rub recipe on “just about everything that we smoke,” according to guys at the restaurant. Which explains why this dry rub recipe yields such an ample amount. We’re talking lotsa dry rub. As in enough dry rub to see you through the rest of the summer and well into tailgating season. Okay, maybe not quite that long, seeing as you’re going to want to slather this rub all over everything you smoke or grill, whether pork shoulder (aka pork butt), chicken, steak, salmon, oh heck, we’re just going to stop listing items because this will literally go with everything. Go on. Give it a try. And you needn’t follow the recipe exactly. Feel free to improvise on the ingredients and amounts, reducing the sugar for a less-sweet or increasing the cayenne for a spicier one or so on.–Renee Schettler Rossi
Fette Sau Dry Rub For Everything Recipe
- Quick Glance
- 5 M
- 5 M
- Makes about 4 cups
- 3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup kosher salt
- 1/2 cup ground espresso beans
- 2 tablespoons freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1. Combine the sugar, salt, espresso beans, pepper, garlic powder, cinnamon, cumin, and cayenne in a resealable container, cover tightly, and shake well to combine. Store in a cool, dry place. The rub will keep for up to 2 months, at which point the coffee will began to taste stale.
Hungry for more? Chow down on these:
Fette Sau Dry Rub For Everything Recipe © 2015 Joe Carroll and Nick Fauchald. All rights reserved.
Hey, there. Just a reminder that all our content is copyright protected. Like a photo? Please don't use it without our written permission. Like a recipe? Kindly contact the publisher listed above for permission before you post it (that's what we did) and rewrite it in your own words. That's the law, kids. And don't forget to link back to this page, where you found it. Thanks!