This chai whipped cream is intended as a perfect little wowzer of a dollop atop these banana bread muffins. And it works quite admirably in this function. Although ever since we first succumbed to this incredibly easy and exquisitely spiced embellishment, we’ve been mulling over other destinations for it seeing as it would be a shame to contain its usage to any singular incarnation. You’ll find our working list of what we also want to slather it on in the LC Note below and in the Testers Choice comments following the recipe.–Renee Schettler Rossi
LC What Folks Are Saying About This Recipe Note
“Wowzers!” That’s what folks are saying about this chai spiced whipped cream recipe. And that sorta sums up our feelings, too, seeing as we simply cannot stop dolloping it on everything. Here’s our short list of things we want to do with this little lovely. [Editor’s Note: Hey, we’re a family website, none of that.] Got your own inspiration? Let us know in a comment below.
Dolloped atop pumpkin pie
Spooned onto baked apples and swirled into the accompanying juices
Slathered on graham crackers
Sandwiched between puffy cookies as a fancy schmancy whoopee pie
Consumed by the spoonful as you stand at the fridge sometime past midnight
Chai Spiced Whipped Cream Recipe
- Quick Glance
- 5 M
- 5 M
- Makes enough for 12 mini muffins
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- Pinch ground cloves
- 2 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
- 1. With an electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat the cream, cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, cloves, and confectioners’ sugar until fluffy and well combined. Swipe your finger in the chai whipped cream or snatch a beater, give it a lick, and, if desired, adjust the sweetness to your taste by adding more confectioners’ sugar.
- 2. Use the chai spiced whipped cream immediately or cover and refrigerate it for up to a few hours. For ideas on what to serve with this, see the LC Note above.
Hungry for more? Chow down on these:
Chai Spiced Whipped Cream Recipe © 2015 Christina Lane. Photo © 2015 Christina Lane. All rights reserved.
Hey, there. Just a reminder that all our content is copyright protected. Like a photo? Please don't use it without our written permission. Like a recipe? Kindly contact the publisher listed above for permission before you post it (that's what we did) and rewrite it in your own words. That's the law, kids. And don't forget to link back to this page, where you found it. Thanks!