Ask your butcher to slice the prosciutto a little thicker than usual. These pinwheels are best made ahead of time and refrigerated before serving. If you can’t find stracchino, substitute another fresh soft cheese, such as mascarpone.–Pamela Sheldon Johns
Prosciutto and Stracchino Pinwheels Recipe
- Quick Glance
- 15 M
- 15 M
- Makes 4 servings
- 16 slices prosciutto di Parma, chilled
- 3 ounces Stracchino cheese
- 1 cup arugula leaves
- 1. Lay the prosciutto out on a work surface. Spread with a thin layer of stracchino, then a single layer of arugula leaves.
- 2. Roll lengthwise, cut into 2-inch lengths, and place on a platter. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Hungry for more? Chow down on these:
- Prosciutto, Goat Cheese & Cherry Jam Rolls from Cookin' Canuck
- Pinwheel Sandwiches with Smoked Salmon, Crème Fraîche & Horseradish from Scrumptious
- Pigs in a Blanket from Leite's Culinaria
- Prosciutto and Crottin Cheese Salad from Leite's Culinaria
Prosciutto and Stracchino Pinwheels Recipe © 2005 Pamela Sheldon Johns and Jennifer Barry Design. All rights reserved.