Despite the apricot topping, this is a savory dish, not a dessert, and it’s a knockout addition to an appetizer buffet. Feel free to experiment with other jams for the topping to suit your mood or the season. Be sure to pat the red bell peppers dry with paper towels and don’t chop them too fine or they’ll turn the cheese filling pink.–Giada De Laurentiis
LC Just The Right Size Note
So this recipe calls for a rather wee 4 1/2-inch springform pan, which is a tad, well, not so common. This savory cheesecake is definitely worth the small investment, though. Not too big. Not too small. Just the right size.
Special Equipment: 4 1/2-inch round springform pan
Red Bell Pepper Cheesecake Recipe
- Quick Glance
- 25 M
- 5 H, 25 M
- 4 to 6 servings
- 4 ounces ricotta cheese, at room temperature
- 4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 ounces goat cheese, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 egg
- Kosher salt
- 2 jarred roasted red bell peppers, cut in thin strips and halved (about 1/2 cup)
- 4 pitas
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup apricot jam
- 1 to 2 teaspoons hot water
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Wrap the outside of a 4 1/2-inch round springform pan with 2 layers of heavy-duty foil.
- 2. Place the ricotta, cream cheese, and goat cheese in a food processor and pulse to mix. Add the sugar, egg, and a pinch of salt and pulse a few times until well mixed and thick and creamy. Fold in the red pepper strips with a rubber spatula. Pour the cheese mixture into the springform pan.
- 3. Place the springform pan in a roasting pan and pour enough hot water into the roasting pan to come halfway up the sides of the springform pan. Bake until the cheesecake is golden at the edges and the center of the cake moves slightly when the pan is gently shaken, about 45 minutes (the cake will become firm when it is cold). Transfer the cake to a wire rack to cool for 1 hour. Refrigerate until the cheesecake is cold, at least 3 hours and up to 2 days.
- 4. To make the pita chips, preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- 5. Cut the pitas into 8 triangles each (like a pie). Place the triangles on rimmed baking sheets. Drizzle the triangles with the olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake until crisp and golden, about 12 to 15 minutes.
- 6. To serve, combine the jam and the hot water in a small bowl and stir until the jam is liquefied. Remove the cheesecake from the spring-form pan and place on a serving plate. Drizzle the jam mixture over the top of the cheesecake. Serve the pita chips alongside.
Hungry for more? Chow down on these:
- Savory Basil and Goat Cheese Cheesecake from Love and Olive Oil
- Savory Mini Cheesecakes with Red Pepper and Green Tomatillo Chutney from Mango & Lime
- Goat Cheese with Olives, Lemon, and Thyme from Leite's Culinaria
- Baked Ricotta from Leite's Culinaria
Red Bell Pepper Cheesecake Recipe © 2008 Giada De Laurentiis. Photo © 2008 Tina Rupp. All rights reserved.
Hello. Just a reminder that all our content is copyright protected. Like a photo? Please don't use it without our written permission. Like a recipe? Kindly contact the publisher listed above for permission before you post it (that's what we did) and rewrite it in your own words. That's the law, kids. And don't forget to link back to this page, where you found it. Thanks!