This lemon pound cake recipe makes a spectacularly easy homemade pound cake from pantry ingredients. Baking it in a Bundt pan ensures it looks as stunning as it tastes.
This easy lemon pound cake recipe looks and tastes like it took a lot more time and effort than it actually does. Using a Bundt pan ensures the appearance is stunning. Relying on yogurt, not sour cream, keeps the pound cake moist and healthy.–Renee Schettler Rossi
Special Equipment: 12-cup Bundt pan
Lemon Pound Cake Recipe
- Quick Glance
- 25 M
- 1 H, 20 M
- Serves 12
- Make the lemon pound cake
- 2 1/2 cups (500 grams) granulated sugar
- 2 sticks (8 ounces) unsalted butter, softened, plus more for the pan
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon zest (from 3 to 4 lemons, preferably organic)
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (from 2 to 3 lemons, preferably organic)
- 6 large eggs
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for the pan
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup (8 ounces) plain full-fat Greek-style yogurt
- For the glaze
- 3/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (from 1 lemon, preferably organic)
- Make the lemon pound cake
- 1. Preheat the oven to 325°F (160°C). Generously butter and flour a 12-cup Bundt pan and stash it in the fridge.
- 2. Grab an electric mixer and beat together the granulated sugar, butter, and lemon zest on medium speed until the mixture is really quite fluffy, 4 to 5 minutes. Add the lemon juice and beat until blended. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until the yellow streaks disappear after each addition.
- 3. Whisk together the flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder in a bowl. Add this to the butter mixture in a couple additions alternately with the yogurt, beginning and ending with the flour mixture. Beat at low speed just until blended after each addition. Do not over-mix the batter.
- 4. Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake about 65 minutes, until a skewer inserted in center of the cake comes out clean. Cool the cake in the pan on a wire rack for 1 hour. Invert the cake onto a cake stand or platter and cool completely, about 1 more hour.
- Make the glaze
- 5. Just before serving, reach for a small bowl and a whisk and mix the confectioners’ sugar with the remaining 2 tablespoons lemon juice and whisk until smooth.
- Glaze the lemon pound cake
- 6. Drizzle the glaze over the cake. Slice, serve, and accept accolades.
Hungry for more? Chow down on these:
Lemon Pound Cake Recipe © 2015 . Photo © 2015 Hélène Dujardin. All rights reserved.
Hey, there. Just a reminder that all our content is copyright protected. Like a photo? Please don't use it without our written permission. Like a recipe? Kindly contact the publisher listed above for permission before you post it (that's what we did) and rewrite it in your own words. That's the law, kids. And don't forget to link back to this page, where you found it. Thanks!