At last, spiced chocolate truffles made with dark chocolate that taste delectable, are easy to make, and—believe it!—nutrient dense. Our prayers have been answered.
Spiced Chocolate Truffles Recipe
- Quick Glance
- 45 M
- 2 H, 30 M
- Makes about 32 truffles
- 1/2 cup (118 ml) heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon (1 gram) ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 gram) ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground coriander
- 8 ounces (227 grams) dark chocolate (70% cocoa), finely chopped
- 1 cup (142 grams) raw almonds
- 1/4 cup (32 grams) raw pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons (11 grams) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1. Line a baking sheet with parchment or wax paper.
- 2. In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, bring the cream, cinnamon, cloves, and coriander to a gentle boil. Remove the pan from the heat, add the chocolate, and let it sit until the chocolate softens, 2 to 3 minutes. Whisk until the mixture is smooth.
- 3. Meanwhile, toss the almonds and pumpkin seeds in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
- 4. Stir the chopped almonds and pumpkin seeds into the chocolate mixture and let cool to room temperature. Refrigerate the mixture, uncovered, until firm, about 1 hour.
- 5. Spoon heaping teaspoon mounds of the chocolate mixture onto the lined baking sheet. If at any time your mounds of chocolate truffle loveliness turn soft and sticky as you try to work with them, place the baking sheet and/or the bowl of chocolate mixture in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- 6. Roll the mounds between your palms into smooth, even balls. Dump the cocoa powder on a plate, roll the balls in the cocoa, and return them to the baking sheet or, alternatively, dump the cocoa powder in a small strainer and sift the cocoa over the balls. Arrange the truffles on a plate and refrigerate until firm, about 30 minutes. Serve immediately or hide them, um, we mean, place them in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 2 weeks.
Hungry for more? Chow down on these:
- Spiced Dark Chocolate Truffles with Peanut, Sesame and Pink Salt from Indian Simmer
- Spiced Chocolate Truffles Rolled in Crushed M&M®s from 365 Days of Crockpot
- Mocha-Hazelnut Truffles from Leite's Culinaria
- Chinese Five-Spice Chocolate Chiffon Cake from Leite's Culinaria
Spiced Chocolate Truffles Recipe © 2016 Drew Ramsey. Photo © 2016 Ellen Silverman. All rights reserved.
Hey, there. Just a reminder that all our content is copyright protected. Like a photo? Please don't use it without our written permission. Like a recipe? Kindly contact the publisher listed above for permission before you post it (that's what we did) and rewrite it in your own words. That's the law, kids. And don't forget to link back to this page, where you found it. Thanks!