This spicy roasted cauliflower recipe is just florets tossed with spices and baked in handy bites that are spicy but not too spicy, if you know what we mean.
There’s spicy roasted cauliflower and then there’s spicy roasted cauliflower. You know, as in a soggy-in-some-spots-and-still-crunchy-in-other-places bland excuse for a side dish versus a perfectly tender and gently spiced specimen of cruciferous loveliness that you just can’t stop noshing. Guess which kind of roasted cauliflower this recipe makes?–Renee Schettler Rossi
Spicy Roasted Cauliflower Recipe
- Quick Glance
- 15 M
- 1 H
- Serves 2 to 4
- 1 small head (about 1 pound or 454 g) cauliflower
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) extra-virgin olive oil, melted butter, ghee, or coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon (1 g) smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon (1 g) ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon (1 g) ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 g) sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 2. Cut the cauliflower into small florets or break it into pieces the size of popped popcorn. Reserve the stalks for another use or toss them in the compost.
- 3. In a large bowl, combine the olive oil, paprika, cumin, turmeric, and salt and season with pepper. Add the cauliflower and toss to coat.
- 4. Spread the cauliflower on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 35 to 50 minutes, until golden brown and crisp, stirring occasionally. Remove from the oven and leave on the baking sheet to cool completely, about 30 minutes.
Hungry for more? Chow down on these:
Spicy Roasted Cauliflower Recipe © 2016 Christine Bailey. Photo © 2016 Watkins Media Limited. All rights reserved.
Hey, there. Just a reminder that all our content is copyright protected. Like a photo? Please don't use it without our written permission. Like a recipe? Kindly contact the publisher listed above for permission before you post it (that's what we did) and rewrite it in your own words. That's the law, kids. And don't forget to link back to this page, where you found it. Thanks!