This milk chocolate truffles recipe is simple to make, complex in taste, and easy as can be to nosh (though quite impossible to stop). Candied macadamia nuts lend a pleasingly sweet crunch.
This milk chocolate truffles recipe is going to revolutionize your go-to chocolate fix. The truffles are made of milk chocolate, butter, honey, and cream and coated with caramelized macadamia nuts. They make exquisite gifts—assuming you can manage to slip some out of the house.–Renee Schettler Rossi
Milk Chocolate Truffles Recipe
- Quick Glance
- 45 M
- 8 H
- Makes about 35 truffles
- For the caramelized macadamia nuts
- 7 ounces (200 grams) roasted macadamia nuts
- 1/4 cup (50 ml) honey
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- For the chocolate truffles
- 14 ounces (360 grams) milk chocolate
- 3 1/2 tablespoons (1 3/4 ounces or 50 grams) unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup (200 ml) heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Make the caramelized macadamia nuts
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- 2. Coarsely chop the nuts. Mix them with the honey and salt in a bowl and then spread them out on a baking sheet lined with baking parchment. Toast in the oven until golden brown, about 8 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- 3. Using a food processor, pulse the caramelized macadamia nuts until finely chopped. Place the nuts on a plate.
- Make the chocolate truffles
- 4. Coarsely chop the milk chocolate. Cut the butter into small pieces. Put the chocolate and butter in a bowl.
- 5. Mix the cream and honey in a saucepan, bring mixture to a gentle boil, and then immediately pour it over the chocolate mixture. Stir the mixture with a spatula until smooth and process with an immersion blender if necessary. Cover with plastic wrap, pressing it directly against the surface of the truffle mixture, and refrigerate until firm, at least 1 hour.
- 6. Using 2 teaspoons, scoop up about 1 tablespoon chocolate truffles mixture and roll it into a ball between the spoons or the palms of your hands (using your hands could get messy). If the mixture is too hard, let it rest at room temperature for about 30 minutes. Roll the formed truffle in the caramelized macadamia nuts until completely coated. Repeat with the remaining truffle mixture. Cover and refrigerate until just before serving.
Hungry for more? Chow down on these:
- Mini Pumpkin Seed Candy Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups from Half-Baked Harvest
- How to Temper Chocolate from David Lebovitz
- Mocha-Hazelnut Truffles from Leite's Culinaria
- Spice-Crusted Cheese Truffles from Leite's Culinaria
Milk Chocolate Truffles Recipe © 2016 Sara Aasum Hultberg. Photo © 2016 Weldon Owen. All rights reserved.
Hey, there. Just a reminder that all our content is copyright protected. Like a photo? Please don't use it without our written permission. Like a recipe? Kindly contact the publisher listed above for permission before you post it (that's what we did) and rewrite it in your own words. That's the law, kids. And don't forget to link back to this page, where you found it. Thanks!