A hanky panky cocktail calls for gin, sweet vermouth, Fernet Branca, an orange twist, and, after the first sip, a ginormous grin. There’s a reason it’s a classic.
As the name Hanky Panky suggests, this amber aperitif is pure seduction in a glass. It’s similar to a martini but with a sweet edge that will have you swooning.–Angie Zoobkoff
Special Equipment: Nick and Nora glass (optional)
Hanky Panky Cocktail Recipe
- Quick Glance
- 5 M
- 5 M
- Serves 1 to 2
- 2 ounces (60 ml) gin (preferably Tanqueray No. Ten)
- 1 ounce (30 ml) sweet vermouth (preferably Carpano Antica Formula)
- 1/4 ounce (7.5 ml or 1 1/2 teaspoons) Fernet Branca
- Orange twist, for garnish
- 1. In a mixing glass, combine the gin, vermouth, and Fernet Branca. Fill the glass with ice and stir until chilled.
- 2. Strain the cocktail into a chilled Nick and Nora glass or two, if you have them, and garnish with the orange twist.
Hungry for more? Chow down on these:
Hanky Panky Cocktail Recipe © 2015 Julie Reiner. Photo © 2015 Daniel Krieger. All rights reserved.
Hey, there. Just a reminder that all our content is copyright protected. Like a photo? Please don't use it without our written permission. Like a recipe? Kindly contact the publisher listed above for permission before you post it (that's what we did) and rewrite it in your own words. That's the law, kids. And don't forget to link back to this page, where you found it. Thanks!