This gluten free pumpkin bread is inspiring people to shout out “Wow!” and “Amazing!” and “What a surprise!” It’s gluten free, dairy free, and paleo friendly but no one would ever guess from the taste.
This gluten free pumpkin bread is the perfect thing for anyone who wants a pretty darn spectacular pumpkin bread recipe—gluten free, paleo, dairy free, or otherwise— in their repertoire. The low-carb loaf comes together in a flash and boasts all the moist perfection of traditional quick bread thanks to almond flour and coconut flour. Although we swear no one will know the difference.–Angie Zoobkoff
Gluten Free Pumpkin Bread Recipe
- Quick Glance
- 15 M
- 1 H, 30 M
- Makes 1 loaf
- 1 cup (92 grams) finely ground blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup (35 grams) coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon (3 grams) ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon (3 grams) baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 grams) fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon homemade pumpkin pie spice, or store-bought
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup (150 grams) coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) canned pumpkin purée
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) coconut oil, melted
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) canned full-fat coconut milk
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise and seeds scraped, or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- Coconut whipped cream, for serving (optional)
- 1. Preheat the oven to 325°F (162°C). Adjust an oven rack to the middle position. Line a 9-by-5-inch (23-by-13-cm) glass or metal loaf pan with parchment paper.
- 2. In the bowl of a large food processor, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, pumpkin pie spice, cloves, and coconut sugar. Pulse 10 times or until mixed. Add the pumpkin, coconut oil, coconut milk, vanilla bean seeds or extract, and eggs. Process until combined, 20 to 30 seconds. Scrape down the sides and process again if needed.
- 3. Use a rubber spatula to scrape the mixture into the parchment-lined loaf pan. If using a metal loaf pan, bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. If using a glass loaf pan, bake for 70 to 75 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- 4. Let the pumpkin bread cool in the pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Then run a knife around the sides of the pan to loosen the bread. Remove the loaf from the pan by lifting the parchment paper. Let cool completely on the wire rack before slicing. Serve each slice with a dollop of coconut whipped cream, if desired. The pumpkin bread will keep beautifully when wrapped in plastic wrap at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Hungry for more? Chow down on these:
Gluten Free Pumpkin Bread Recipe © 2015 Vanessa Barajas. Photo © 2015 Vanessa Barajas. All rights reserved.
Hey, there. Just a reminder that all our content is copyright protected. Like a photo? Please don't use it without our written permission. Like a recipe? Kindly contact the publisher listed above for permission before you post it (that's what we did) and rewrite it in your own words. That's the law, kids. And don't forget to link back to this page, where you found it. Thanks!