Funfetti Chex mix. White chocolate puppy chow. Confetti cake muddy buddies. Cake batter Chex mix. Funfetti puppy chow. Whatever you call it, you best not be without the ingredients for it when a craving hits.
This funfetti Chex mix is the fastest party snack you’ll ever toss together—and will likely also be the fastest to disappear. Crisp Chex cereal is lavished with a cloak of white chocolate and gilded with sprinkles. A crazy sweet indulgence guaranteed to satisfy the inner kid in all of us.–Angie Zoobkoff
Funfetti Chex Mix Recipe
- Quick Glance
- 10 M
- 10 M
- Makes 6 cups
- 6 cups (150 grams) Rice Chex cereal
- 1/2 cup (80 grams) colored sprinkles
- 1 cup (140 grams) yellow or white boxed dry cake mix
- 1/2 cup (60 grams) confectioners’ sugar, or less to taste
- 12 ounces (350 grams) white chocolate chips, chopped white chocolate bars, or white chocolate candy melts
- 1 teaspoon shortening or mild vegetable oil
- 1. Dump the cereal in a very large bowl or pot.
- 2. In another large bowl or pot, combine the sprinkles, dry cake mix, and confectioners’ sugar (use less sugar if you’re not into crazy sweet things) and stir to combine.
- 3. In a medium-size microwave-safe bowl, heat the white chocolate and shortening at 50% power in 30-second increments until melted, stirring well after each increment, about 90 seconds total. Be sure to watch it carefully as white chocolate tends to seize quickly. (Alternately, you can melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water.)
- 4. Immediately pour the melted chocolate over the cereal mixture and gently stir to coat with a rubber spatula. Be careful to not crush the cereal.
- 5. Toss the sprinkles mixture over the cereal and gently stir until all the cereal is evenly coated with the sprinkles. (You may have some excess funfetti sprinkle-y goodness left at the bottom of the bowl, which is spectacular when spread like frosting atop cupcakes or, natch, devoured by the spoonful.) Serve immediately or cover and store at room temperature for up to 2 weeks. [Editor’s Note: We’re laughing pretty so hard at the notion of this snack mix lasting in any home for more than 2 hours let alone 2 weeks. As if.]
Hungry for more? Chow down on these:
Funfetti Chex Mix Recipe © 2016 Sally McKenney. Photo © 2016 Sally McKenney. All rights reserved.
Hey, there. Just a reminder that all our content is copyright protected. Like a photo? Please don't use it without our written permission. Like a recipe? Kindly contact the publisher listed above for permission before you post it (that's what we did) and rewrite it in your own words. That's the law, kids. And don't forget to link back to this page, where you found it. Thanks!