You may think there’s bacon in this salad, but it’s really the flavor of the smoked Gouda. For easy grating, make sure the Gouda is cold; it will be too soft at room temperature. “This tastes just like a twice-baked potato,” one of my tasters said.–Debbie Moose
Triple-Cheese Potatoes Recipe
- Quick Glance
- 15 M
- 45 M
- 6 servings
- 2 pounds new potatoes
- 3/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup grated smoked Gouda cheese
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon canned chopped pimientos, drained, for garnish (optional)
- 1. Place the potatoes in a large pot, add enough water to cover them, cover the pot with a lid, and bring to a boil. Cook until the potatoes are pierced easily with the tip of a sharp knife, 15 to 20 minutes.
- 2. Drain and let cool until you can handle them. Cut into quarters or halves, depending on the size of the potatoes.
- 3. In a large bowl, combine the cheeses, mayonnaise, sour cream, white wine vinegar, celery, salt, and pepper. Stir in the potatoes.
- 4. Cover and refrigerate for several hours to overnight. When ready to serve, sprinkle on the chopped pimientos, if desired.
Hungry for more? Chow down on these:
Triple-Cheese Potatoes Recipe © 2009 Debbie Moose. Photo © 2009 Jason Wyche. All rights reserved.