A favorite of Canyon Ranch guests.–Scott Uehlein
Pumpkin Crunch Recipe
- Quick Glance
- 10 M
- 1 H, 15 M
- Makes ten (1/4-cup) servings
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 1/4 cups dried cranberries
- 1. Preheat oven to 300°F (150°C). Lightly spray a baking sheet with canola oil. In a small bowl, toss pumpkin seeds with canola oil and evenly spread coated seeds on the baking sheet. Roast for 20 minutes or until almost dry.
- 2. Place pumpkin seeds in a medium bowl and mix in maple syrup until coated. Combine spices in a small bowl and add to pumpkin seeds. Stir to combine.
- 3. Return to baking sheet and return sheet to oven. Turn pan several times to assure even roasting and check frequently – seeds burn easily. Roast for 15 minutes, or until dry, stirring occasionally.
- 4. Set aside until completely cool, for about 30 minutes. In a large bowl, combine seeds with dried cranberries.
Hungry for more? Chow down on these:
Pumpkin Crunch Recipe © 2009 CR Products. Photo © 2009 Julie Toy. All rights reserved.