A favorite of Canyon Ranch guests.–Scott Uehlein
LC Sweetly Savory Note
It’s easy to knock back bowls of this by the handful, so best be aware of your surroundings at all times and not get all cocky and confident over your self-control. We know, people. We know.
Pumpkin Crunch Recipe
- Quick Glance
- 10 M
- 1 H, 15 M
- Makes ten (1/4-cup) servings
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 1/4 cups dried cranberries
- 1. Preheat the oven to 300°F (150°C). Lightly spray a rimmed baking sheet with canola oil.
- 2. In a medium bowl, toss the pumpkin seeds with the canola oil until coated. Spread the pumpkin seeds on the baking sheet. Roast for 20 minutes or until almost dry.
- 3. Meanwhile, combine the cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice in a small bowl.
- 4. Dump the warm roasted pumpkin seeds back into the bowl, add the maple syrup, and toss until well coated. Add the spices and toss to evenly coat. Return the pumpkin seeds mixture to the baking sheet and return the baking sheet to the oven. Roast the seeds, stirring occasionally and rotating the sheet several times to assure even roasting, for 15 minutes, or until dry. Check them often as they burn easily. Transfer the pumpkin seeds to a plate or a clean baking sheet and let cool completely, about 30 minutes. (You can keep the roasted spiced pumpkin seeds in a resealable plastic bag for up to several days.)
- 5. Just before serving, combine the pumpkin seeds with the dried cranberries in a Mason jar with a screw lid or your prettiest serving dish.
Hungry for more? Chow down on these:
Pumpkin Crunch Recipe © 2009 CR Products. Photo © 2009 Julie Toy. All rights reserved.