The combination of these ingredients makes a beautiful salad. Use the best-quality Parmesan you can find; it makes a world of difference.–Gena Knox
Apple, Parmesan, and Mixed Green Salad with Mustard Vinaigrette Recipe
Hands-On Time: | Total Time: | Serves 4
- For the dressing
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- For the salad
- 5 cups mixed greens
- 1 Braeburn or Gala apple, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup walnuts, lightly toasted
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese curls
- 1. Combine the mustard, water, honey, vinegar, and olive oil in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- 2. In a large salad bowl, combine the greens, apple slices, and walnuts. Toss with the dressing. Add the Parmesan curls and gently toss to combine.
- 3. Serve immediately.
Apple, Parmesan, and Mixed Green Salad with Mustard Vinaigrette Recipe © 2008 Fire & Flavor Grilling Co. Photo © 2008 Erica George Dines. All rights reserved.