Though this dressing can be whisked by hand, a food processor renders it a wonderful shade of green.–Fine Cooking
Warm Potatoes with Basil Vinaigrette Recipe
- Quick Glance
- 15 M
- 30 M
- Serves four
- 1 3/4 pounds small red potatoes, scrubbed
- 1/2 cup packed fresh basil leaves
- 1 small clove garlic
- 3 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 1. Steam the potatoes over boiling water until tender when pierced with a paring knife, about 15 minutes. (Alternatively, boil them in well-salted water until tender. Drain them and return them to the pot in which they were cooked and set over low heat for a few seconds to dry them.)
- 2. In a food processor, combine the basil, garlic, vinegar, mustard, salt, and pepper. With the motor running, gradually add the oil until completely incorporated.
- 3. When the potatoes are cool enough to handle, halve or quarter them, depending on their size. Put them in a serving bowl and drizzle with about 1/2 cup of the vinaigrette. Serve warm with extra vinaigrette on the side, if you like.
Hungry for more? Chow down on these:
Warm Potatoes with Basil Vinaigrette Recipe © 2009 The Taunton Press, Inc. Photo © 2009 Alison Miksch. All rights reserved.
Hey, there. Just a reminder that all our content is copyright protected. Like a photo? Please don't use it without our written permission. Like a recipe? Kindly contact the publisher listed above for permission before you post it (that's what we did) and rewrite it in your own words. That's the law, kids. And don't forget to link back to this page, where you found it. Thanks!