The first time I ate an organic ripe papaya, I thought I had gone to heaven, and right then I knew I had to create some dishes with it, such as this papaya, green pea, and rice salad. Papaya is very flavourful and has great health benefits; it contains beta-carotene, calcium, vitamin A and C, flavonoids, and folate, and it has anti-inflammatory properties. If you have leftover rice from the day before, it is perfect for this salad. This is great for summer meals on the patio.–Bal Arneson
Fresh Papaya, Green Pea, and Rice Salad Recipe
- Quick Glance
- 15 M
- 15 M
- Serves 4
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup green peas (frozen)
- 2 cups papaya, peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup cooked brown basmati rice
- 1/4 cup cooked wild rice
- 2 teaspoon chat masala
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1. Combine the oil, mustard seeds, and cumin seeds in a non-stick skillet and cook over medium-high heat for 10 seconds.
- 2. Add the garam masala and salt and cook for 10 seconds. Stir in the green peas and cook until tender, about 3 minutes.
- 3. Remove from the heat and let the mixture cool.
- 4. Add the papaya, brown rice, wild rice, chat masala, and lime juice. Mix everything gently and serve the salad at once.
- 5. Enjoy!
Hungry for more? Chow down on these:
Fresh Papaya, Green Pea, and Rice Salad Recipe © 2009 Bal Arneson. Photo © 2009 Tracey Kusiewicz. All rights reserved.
Hey, there. Just a reminder that all our content is copyright protected. Like a photo? Please don't use it without our written permission. Like a recipe? Kindly contact the publisher listed above for permission before you post it (that's what we did) and rewrite it in your own words. That's the law, kids. And don't forget to link back to this page, where you found it. Thanks!