A quick syrup flavored with fresh rosemary transforms simple slices of peaches and nectarines into an elegant dessert.–Irit Ishai
Peaches and Nectarines with Rosemary and Honey Syrup Recipe
- Quick Glance
- 15 M
- 25 M
- Serves 6
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 sprig (4 1/2 inches long) rosemary, more for garnish
- 4 medium white or yellow peaches
- 4 medium white or yellow nectarines
- 1. Combine the honey, sugar, and 1/2 cup water in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally until the sugar dissolves.
- 2. Add the rosemary and reduce the heat to low. Cook for 7 minutes to let the rosemary infuse. Strain through a fine sieve, let cool, and refrigerate to chill completely.
- 3. Just before serving, halve and pit the peaches and nectarines. Cut the fruit into 1/4 inch slices and put them in a large serving bowl. Pour on just enough of the rosemary syrup to lightly coat the fruit, about 6 tablespoons. Garnish the peaches and nectarines with fresh sprigs of rosemary, if you like.
Hungry for more? Chow down on these:
Hey, there. Just a reminder that all our content is copyright protected. Like a photo? Please don't use it without our written permission. Like a recipe? Kindly contact the publisher listed above for permission before you post it (that's what we did) and rewrite it in your own words. That's the law, kids. And don't forget to link back to this page, where you found it. Thanks!