A quick syrup flavored with fresh rosemary transforms simple slices of peaches and nectarines into an elegant dessert.–Irit Ishai
Peaches and Nectarines with Rosemary and Honey Syrup Recipe
- Quick Glance
- 15 M
- 25 M
- Serves 6
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 sprig (4 1/2 inches long) fresh rosemary, more for garnish
- 4 medium white or yellow peaches
- 4 medium white or yellow nectarines
- 1. Combine the honey, sugar, and 1/2 cup water in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally until the sugar dissolves.
- 2. Add the rosemary and reduce the heat to low. Cook for 7 minutes to let the rosemary infuse. Strain through a fine sieve, let cool, and refrigerate to chill completely.
- 3. Just before serving, halve and pit the peaches and nectarines. Cut the fruit into 1/4 inch slices and put them in a large serving bowl. Pour on just enough of the rosemary syrup to lightly coat the fruit, about 6 tablespoons. Garnish the peaches and nectarines with fresh sprigs of rosemary, if you like.
Hungry for more? Chow down on these:
- Grilled White Peaches Recipe with Honey Balsamic Glaze from White on Rice Couple
- Strawberry and Nectarine Crisp from Former Chef
- Honey-and Lavender-Glazed Fruit from Leite's Culinaria
- Nectarine Sorbet from Leite's Culinaria
Peaches and Nectarines with Rosemary and Honey Syrup Recipe © 2009 Irit Ishai. Photo © 2009 Scott Phillips. All rights reserved.