This noodle kugel is definitely American—with dark brown sugar and pecans! Your guests will love it.–Joan Nathan
Noodle Kugel Recipe
- Quick Glance
- 30 M
- 2 H
- Serves 10 to 12
- 1 1/2 sticks (3/4 cup) salted butter or margarine
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 cup pecans, halved
- 1 pound wide noodles
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1. Melt half the butter in a 12-cup mold or tube pan. Swirl it around the bottom and up the sides.
- 2. Press the brown sugar into the bottom and press the pecans into the sugar.
- 3. Boil the noodles according to the package directions and then drain. Mix the noodles with the eggs, the remaining butter, melted, cinnamon, sugar, and salt and pour into the mold.
- 4. Bake the kugel in a preheated 350°F (175°C) oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until the top is brown. Let the kugel sit for 15 minutes before unmolding. The top will become slightly hard like a praline. Serve cold or at room temperature.
Hungry for more? Chow down on these:
Noodle Kugel Recipe © 1998 Joan Nathan. All rights reserved.