I never get tired of having salmon for dinner. Sometimes we serve these soft salmon tacos when we want a really informal company meal. Roast the corn kernels alone or with red bell pepper and onions, and add cooked baby green limas for a quick succotash-style corn. The chile adobe cream adds some heat to these simple-to-make salmon tacos.–Maggie Foard
LC Children of the Corn Note
Looking for new ways to play with corn? Check out Renee’s post on cooking late-season corn.
Wild Salmon Tacos with Roasted Corn and Chile Adobo Cream Recipe
- Quick Glance
- 20 M
- 35 M
- Serves 4
- For the chile adobo cream
- 4 ounces chèvre or fromage blanc
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 to 3 tablespoons canned chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
- For the salmon tacos
- 3 cups corn kernels, cut fresh from the cob or frozen
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 red or orange bell pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 pounds wild salmon fillet
- 8 small flour tortillas
- Sliced avocado, cucumber, and cherry tomatoes
- Make the chile adobo cream
- 1. You can adjust the heat on this sauce by adding a little more or a little less of the chiles and adobe.
- 2. Whisk together the chèvre or fromage, buttermilk, and chipotles in a bowl or in the blender. Pour into a small serving dish.
- Make the salmon tacos
- 3. Heat a charcoal, gas, or stove top grill for the salmon.
- 4. Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C) for the corn. Toss the corn, onion, and bell pepper in 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Roast the corn in an ovenproof dish for 20 to 25 minutes until the corn is lightly brown and fragrant.
- 5. While the corn is roasting, brush the salmon with the remaining olive oil and place it on the hot grill, about 5 minutes per side. Once the fish is off the grill, let it rest a few minutes, keeping it warm, wrapped in foil, until you’re ready to assemble the salmon tacos.
- 6. Warm the tortillas briefly on the grill. Wrap in a kitchen towel to keep warm.
- 7. Place the fish, tacos, roasted corn on the table and let everyone assemble their own salmon tacos. Pass the chile adobo cream.
Wild Salmon Tacos with Roasted Corn and Chile Adobo Cream Recipe © 2009 Maggie Foard. Photo © 2009 Lori Sang Hsu. All rights reserved.