I love guacamole, but wanted to come up with an alternative recipe for creamy avocados. I like that this avocado-chèvre spread is a snap to make and adds lively flavor to simple meals. When zesting lemons, make sure to zest just the yellow part, as the white pith will add unwanted bitterness.–Stacey Printz
Avocado-Chèvre Spread Recipe
- Quick Glance
- 5 M
- 5 M
- Makes about 1 1/4 cups
- 2 medium avocados, split, and flesh scooped out
- One 5-ounce package chèvre (soft goat cheese)
- 3 teaspoons lemon zest
- 4 to 5 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1. Place the avocado, chèvre, lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic, and salt in the bowl of a food processor blend until smooth. Season with pepper.
- Serve the avocado-chèvre spread on crostini with fresh cracked pepper or cayenne pepper and shaved Parmesan cheese.
- Spread over sauteed or grilled ahi tuna or salmon. Dust with cayenne pepper. Serve with lemon wedges.
- Add the avocado-chèvre spread to a vegetarian sandwich or a tuna sandwich.
- Serve the spread as a dip for corn chips, pita chips, or veggies.
Avocado-Chèvre Spread Recipe © 2009 Stacey Printz. Photo © 2009 Mark Lund. All rights reserved.