This tingling citrus-olive tapenade is filled with lemon and orange citrus zest and fresh herbs that make for a potpourri of flavors that fill the mouth with a bang.–Stacey Printz
Citrus-Olive Tapenade Recipe
- Quick Glance
- 10 M
- 10 M
- Makes about 1 cup
- 1 1/2 cups pitted green olives
- 1 to 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Zest of one orange
- Zest of one lemon
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley (flat-leaf or curly)
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 small dried red chile, crushed
- 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1. Place the olives, garlic, orange and lemon citrus zests, lemon juice, parsley, rosemary, fennel seeds, and red chile into the bowl of a food processor and pulse until the mixture starts to come together. With the machine running, gradually stream in the olive oil and mix until a coarse paste is formed.
- 2. Season the citrus-olive tapenade with salt and pepper.
- Stuff the tapenade under the skin of chicken breasts with feta cheese and bake.
- Drizzle lamb chops with orange juice and olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill and top with the tapenade.
Citrus-Olive Tapenade Recipe © 2009 Stacey Printz. Photo © 2009 Mark Lund. All rights reserved.