Cheese goes well with herbs and spices. Here are several variations of a basic cheese truffle, bite-size treats your guests will love.–Sara Engram and Katie Luber
Spice-Crusted Cheese Truffles Recipe
- Quick Glance
- 20 M
- 1 H, 20 M
- Makes 18 (1-inch) truffles
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons finely minced white or yellow onion
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 5 teaspoons ground mild chile pepper
- 1. Cream together the cheddar cheese, cream cheese, onion, Worcestershire, and pepper in a medium mixing bowl until light and fluffy.
- 2. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 3. Roll the cheese into 1-inch-round truffles. Roll each truffle in the chile pepper. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to use.
- Substitute the following cheeses (for the cheddar) and spice (for the chile pepper) to create tasty Spice-Crusted Cheese Truffle variations:
1/2 cup shredded Havarti cheese and 5 teaspoons dill weed
1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese and 5 teaspoons oregano
1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese and 5 teaspoons dried orange zest
1/4 cup crumbled chèvre cheese and 5 teaspoons basil
Hungry for more? Chow down on these:
Spice-Crusted Cheese Truffles Recipe © 2009 The Seasonal Palate, Inc. Photo © 2009 David Morris. All rights reserved.