This fast and easy fudge has the surprise addition of roasted and lightly crushed cacao beans, called nibs—in other words, pure chocolate! Their bittersweet, toasty flavor and irresistible crunch is a wonderful contrast to this super-creamy fudge. You won’t need a thermometer to make this fudge because marshmallow cream ensures a smooth texture.–Editors of Fine Cooking
LC Nibby Not Nibbly Note
If you misread the title of this recipe, you’re not alone. And, somehow, nibbly fudge is just as good a name, since you’ll find yourself nibbling away at it every time you walk past. Luckily, it makes plenty to go round, even if some of it mysteriously disappears while nobody else is looking…
Fast and Easy Nibby Fudge Recipe
- Quick Glance
- 25 M
- 25 M
- Makes 64 1-inch squares
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- One 7-ounce jar marshmallow crème
- 2 ounces (1/4 cup) unsalted butter, more for the pan
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon table salt
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup cacao nibs, divided
- 1. Line an 8-by-8-inch pan with foil, folding the excess over the sides to form handles. Grease the foil and set the pan aside.
- 2. Put the evaporated milk, marshmallow crème, butter, sugar, and salt in a large, heavy-bottomed saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly with a heatproof spatula. Scrape the bottom and sides of the pan often, as this mixture is apt to burn.
- 3. Once the mixture comes to a boil, cook for 5 minutes, stirring constantly; it will caramelize a bit, which is fine. Remove from the heat, add the chocolate and the vanilla, and stir until the chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth. Add half of the nibs, stir to combine, and pour the fudge into the prepared pan. Top with the remaining nibs and allow to set.
- 4. Once the fudge is firm, lift it out of the pan using the foil handles and cut it into small squares with a long, sharp knife on a cutting board. The fudge will keep in an airtight container.
Hungry for more? Chow down on these:
Fast and Easy Nibby Fudge Recipe © 2009 The Taunton Press, Inc. Photo © 2009 Anna Williams. All rights reserved.
Hey, there. Just a reminder that all our content is copyright protected. Like a photo? Please don't use it without our written permission. Like a recipe? Kindly contact the publisher listed above for permission before you post it (that's what we did) and rewrite it in your own words. That's the law, kids. And don't forget to link back to this page, where you found it. Thanks!