Rich with the flavors of orange and vanilla and the caramelized goodness of bourbon, this fall spice cordial recipe sits more on the spiced than spicy side of the spectrum. This sweet cordial pairs well with autumn pies and other desserts or makes a great sipper to enjoy fireside.–Kara Newman
Fall Spice Cordial Recipe
- Quick Glance
- 5 M
- 20 M
- Makes 1 cocktail
- For the chipotle-orange syrup
- 2 cups water
- 1 chipotle pepper
- 2 strips dried orange peel, or fresh peel, if dried peel is not available
- 3/4 cup sugar
- For the cordial
- 1 ounce bourbon
- 3/4 ounce Chipotle-Orange Syrup
- 1 ounce vanilla vodka or Navan vanilla cognac
- 2 dashes Regan’s orange bitters
- Orange peel, for garnish
- Make the chipotle-orange syrup
- 1. Bring the water to boil in a small saucepan. Reduce to a simmer and add the chipotle pepper and orange peel. Cover and let simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- 2. Strain with a fine-mesh sieve and add the sugar.
- 3. Return to a boil and stir until sugar dissolves. Remove from the heat and let cool.
- 4. Pour the syrup into a container and keep in the refrigerator.
- Mix the cordial
- 5. Mix together all the ingredients except for the orange peel. Shake together with ice and strain into a martini glass. Garnish with the orange peel.
Fall Spice Cordial Recipe © 2009 Kara Newman. Photo © 2009 Antonis Achilleos. All rights reserved.