This recipe makes twenty-four 1/2-inch-high brownies. The same recipe can be baked in an 8-inch round pan as a cake. Save the nuts and sprinkle them on top, or use them in the cake and sprinkle confectioners’ sugar over the top.–Phyllis Glazer
Rich and fudgy, these brownies will be devoured within minutes.
Fudgy Passover Brownies Recipe
- Quick Glance
- 25 M
- 1 H
- Makes 24
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 4 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup turbinado sugar or granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon “kosher for Passover” vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup matzah cake flour
- 2 tablespoons potato starch
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1. Preheat the oven to 325°F (160°C). Butter an 8-by-12-inch cake pan, or line it with parchment paper and butter the sides.
- 2. Break the chocolate into pieces and melt in top of a double boiler, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and let cool slightly. (Chocolate may also be softened in the microwave.)
- 3. In the bowl of a standing electric mixer, or using a wooden spoon or a whisk, cream the butter and cream cheese. Beat in the sugar, eggs, and vanilla, mixing well. Add the cake flour, potato starch, cooled chocolate, and nuts, and mix on low speed, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl occasionally with a rubber spatula.
- 4. Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 25 to 30 minutes (an 8-inch round cake will take slightly more time), or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cut with a sharp knife while still warm.
Hungry for more? Chow down on these:
Fudgy Passover Brownies Recipe © 2004 Phyllis Glazer with Miriyam Glazer. All rights reserved.