This perfect comfort food is a wonderful anytime dessert that’s easy and quick to make before your guests arrive and leave on the counter till dessert time.–Mireille Guiliano
Chocolate Rice Pudding Recipe
- Quick Glance
- 20 M
- 40 M
- Serves 4
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 ounces dark chocolate (80 percent cacao preferred), broken into small pieces
- 1. Pour the milk, sugar, and a pinch of salt into a saucepan and bring to a boil over low heat. Add the rice and cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the milk is absorbed (if the mixture becomes sticky, add a bit more milk to keep the rice creamy). Stir in the vanilla.
- 2. Pour the rice pudding into 4 ramekins and using a spoon, insert the chocolate pieces in the middle of each mold and push them into the rice. Leave at room temperature. The chocolate will slowly melt and mix with the pudding.
- 3. Let your guests play with the way they want to eat it: mix the whole thing together or start by eating the rice laced with melted chocolate and the chocolate center separately — a matter of taste and mood and a tough decision.
Chocolate Rice Pudding Recipe © 2005 Mireille Guiliano. All rights reserved.