Kids and kids-at-heart can’t resist this oh-so-simple yet ah-so-delicious spaghetti that our daughter, Celia, begs me to make for her. If by some miracle there are any leftovers, I pack them in her lunch. Given the chance, she’ll even have it for breakfast. I often serve it with roasted asparagus.–Aviva Goldfarb
LC Add a Little Oomph Note
We’re all for simplicity. But to lend a little more oomph to this pasta for not-so-picky palates, consider author Aviva Goldfarb’s suggestions to serve it with a pinch of black pepper, crushed red pepper flakes, toasted pine nuts, canned clams, or crumbled bacon. Um, one at a time, please.
Simply Irresistible Spaghetti Recipe
- Quick Glance
- 5 M
- 20 M
- Serves 8
- 1 package (16 ounces) spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 to 3 teaspoons minced garlic (about 4 to 6 cloves), or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, for serving
- 1. Cook the spaghetti according to the package directions.
- 2. After the spaghetti has been cooking for about 5 minutes, heat the butter and olive oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. After the butter has melted, stir in the garlic and cook just until fragrant, 30 to 60 seconds. Reduce the heat to low and keep warm.
- 3. Drain the spaghetti, return it to the pot, and stir in the garlic butter and the salt. Toss with the parsley, and serve with the Parmesan on the side.
Hungry for more? Chow down on these:
Simply Irresistible Spaghetti Recipe © 2010 Aviva Goldfarb. Photo © 2010 rkazda. All rights reserved.
Hello. Just a reminder that all our content is copyright protected. Like a photo? Please don't use it without our written permission. Like a recipe? Kindly contact the publisher listed above for permission before you post it (that's what we did) and rewrite it in your own words. That's the law, kids. And don't forget to link back to this page, where you found it. Thanks!