If you’ve never made one of Flo Braker’s recipes, you’re in for a treat. Her simple, comprehensive directions never lead you astray. And this recipe’s no exception. The fresh flavors of lemon and blueberry are at their best here in her easily assembled, elegant tart.–David Leite
Lemon Tart With Blueberries Recipe
- Quick Glance
- 30 M
- 2 H
- Serves 6 to 8
- 1 cup (9 ounces) Classic Sweet Pastry
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, strained
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons strained apricot jam
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- Advance preparation
- 1. Prepare Classic Sweet Pastry as directed. Wrap and refrigerate it for at least 1 hour.
- Baking preparations
- 2. At least 15 minutes before baking, position rack in lower third of oven; preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Rolling and baking the crust
- 3. See recipe for Classic Sweet Pastry.
- Making the filling
- 4. Place eggs in a small bowl and whisk just to combine. Pour in the sugar and whisk. Add the lemon juice, again whisking to combine. Add the cooled melted butter and lemon zest and blend.
- Baking the tart
- 5. Pour the filling into the partially baked pastry shell.
- 6. Return to 375°F (190°C) oven and bake for 16 to 18 minutes longer, or until the crust is golden and the filling is set. (The filling bubbles toward the end of baking.) Remove and cool on a rack for 10 minutes.
- 7. Set the pan on a narrower elevated surface (such as a tin can), so the bottom of the pan is released as the metal rim slips down. Cool to room temperature.
- Preparing the fruit
- 8. Heat the apricot jam just until melted but not bubbly hot. Pour into a 2-quart mixing bowl. Pour the blueberries into the warm preserves and toss gently with a rubber spatula briefly to coat most of them. Spread over the tart, leaving a 3-inch center portion of lemon filling uncovered. Serve the same day for best flavor.
Hungry for more? Chow down on these:
Lemon Tart With Blueberries Recipe © 2003 Flo Braker. Photo © 2003 Dana Gallagher. All rights reserved.
Hey, there. Just a reminder that all our content is copyright protected. Like a photo? Please don't use it without our written permission. Like a recipe? Kindly contact the publisher listed above for permission before you post it (that's what we did) and rewrite it in your own words. That's the law, kids. And don't forget to link back to this page, where you found it. Thanks!