This easy-to-assemble dessert can be put together by even the youngest member of your family and will be the hit of the party. Plus, the combination of pumpkin, caramel, and nuts are autumn personified. Remember, though, the better the quality of the purchased ingredients, the better the end result.–Matthew Mead
Pumpkin Trifles Recipe
- Quick Glance
- 15 M
- 45 M
- Serves 8
- 1/2 pint heavy cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 loaf pumpkin bread, cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
- One 10-ounce jar pumpkin butter
- 1 cup bottled caramel sauce
- 2 cups prepared vanilla pudding
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1. In a medium bowl, using an electric mixer on medium speed, whip the cream with the sugar until stiff.
- 2. Arrange the remaining ingredients except for the nuts in layers in your chosen serving dish: Start with whipped cream, add some pumpkin bread (cut slices into smaller pieces if too large for individual dishes), spoon on some pumpkin butter, drizzle with caramel sauce, spoon on some vanilla pudding.
- 3. Repeat this sequence, ending with whipped cream, until all the ingredients are used. Top with the nuts. Refrigerate until chilled, at least 30 minutes.
- If you can’t find pumpkin bread, substitute cranberry-nut bread, pound cake, or gingerbread.
Hungry for more? Chow down on these:
Pumpkin Trifles Recipe © 2008 Matthew Mead. Photo © 2008 Quentin Bacon. All rights reserved.