It’s famous, it’s infamous, it’s notorious. It has destroyed diets and led to love affairs. Marriages have been proposed over it, couples have been wed in it, princes have been made from it. People have traveled from all corners of the world for just one sip of our creamy, dreamy, icy blend of chocolatey goodness. It’ll make you want to blow bubbles through your straw. It makes everyone a child again.–Stephen Bruce
Frozen Hot Chocolate Recipe
- Quick Glance
- 25 M
- 25 M
- Makes one giant frozen drink
- For the whipped cream
- 1 cup heavy cream, very cold
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- For the frozen hot chocolate
- 6 half-ounce pieces of a variety of your favorite chocolates
- 2 teaspoons store bought hot chocolate mix
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3 cups ice
- Whipped cream
- Chocolate shavings
- Make the whipped cream
- 1. Combine the cream and vanilla and mix well. With an electric mixer with a whisk attachment, start whipping the cream on medium speed. Add the corn syrup slowly while beating. Whip until the cream holds soft peaks.
- Make the frozen hot chocolate
- 2. Chop the chocolate into small pieces and place it in the top of a double boiler over simmering water, stirring occasionally until melted. Add the hot chocolate mix and sugar, stirring constantly until thoroughly blended. Remove from heat and slowly add 1/2 cup of the milk and stir until smooth. Cool to room temperature.
- 3. In a blender, place the remaining cup of milk, the room temperature chocolate mixture, and the ice. Blend on high speed until smooth and the consistency of a frozen daiquiri.
- 4. Pour into a giant goblet and top with whipped cream and chocolate shavings. Enjoy with a spoon or a straw — or both!
Thirsty for more? Sip on these:
Frozen Hot Chocolate Recipe © 2004 Stephen Bruce. Photo © 2004 Liz Steger. All rights reserved.