This looks festive served in glass bowls with a pretty edible blossom, such as a nasturtium, violet, or calendula, tucked on top. Let it follow a salad luncheon or a Moroccan or Asian dinner menu featuring duck or grilled pork or chicken kebabs.–Lou Seibert Pappas
Mango Gelato Recipe
- Quick Glance
- 20 M
- 3 H, 20 M
- Makes about 1 quart
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 pounds (about 2 large) ripe mangoes
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime or lemon juice
- 2/3 cup heavy (whipping) cream
- 1. Prepare a large bowl or pan of ice water.
- 2. In a medium saucepan, combine the sugar and water, bring to a boil while stirring, and cook until the syrup is clear. Immediately place the pan in the ice bath and stir the mixture occasionally until it cools to room temperature.
- 3. Peel and dice the mangoes, discarding the seeds, and purée the mangoes in a blender or food processor with the juice and syrup. Transfer to a container and stir in the cream. Cover and refrigerate until thoroughly chilled, about 3 hours.
- 4. Freeze in an ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Transfer to a container, cover, and freeze until firm, about 2 hours.
Hungry for more? Chow down on these:
Mango Gelato Recipe © 2007 Lou Seibert Pappas. Photo © 2007 Victoria Pearson. All rights reserved.