As these are quick and easy to make, they were one of our Friday Night Candies with storytelling time. In spite of his good intentions, Dad didn’t really know much about making candy, but these never revealed his lack of expertise!–Terri Pischoff Wuerthner
Pecan Praline Bites Recipe
- Quick Glance
- 10 M
- 40 M
- Makes 3 cups
- 2 teaspoons corn oil
- 5 cups pecan halves
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 9 x 13-inch pan with the corn oil.
- 2. Place the pecans and brown and granulated sugar in a large bowl and toss to combine.
- 3. Whisk the cream, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg together and pour over the pecans and sugar. Toss to mix well and transfer to the pan. Bake for 30 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes. Remove from the heat, stir once more, and allow to cool a bit before eating.
- 4. Within a short time after they are completely cooled, transfer to an airtight container and store at room temperature.
- Due to the high sugar content, and low water content of candy, spoilage by bacteria or mold is not usually a consideration. Texture and flavor, however, can be diminished by the wrong storage method. Pralines, and especially these praline bites, should be stored in an airtight container (after being completely cooled). They may soften or otherwise change texture if left out at room temperature.
Hungry for more? Chow down on these:
Pecan Praline Bites Recipe © 2006 Terri Pischoff Wuerthner. Photo © 2006 Maren Caruso. All rights reserved.