Assemble this meal in the morning and refrigerate it on busy days so that dinnertime is a snap.–Dot Vartan
Beef Tortellini Salad Recipe
- Quick Glance
- 20 M
- 4 H, 20 M
- Makes 6 servings
- One 9-ounce package refrigerated spinach tortellini
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound boneless sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 zucchini, peeled and cut into small chunks
- One 7 1/2-ounce jar marinated artichoke hearts
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced roasted red peppers
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup cubed mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons minced basil leaves
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1. Prepare tortellini according to package directions and drain.
- 2. Heat the 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the beef strips and saute until slightly pink in the center. Remove the meat with a slotted spoon. Cut the strips in half.
- 3. Combine the tortellini, beef, zucchini, artichoke hearts, peppers, tomatoes, cheese, parsley, and basil in a large bowl.
- 4. Whisk together 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil, vinegar, thyme, oregano, and garlic in a small bowl. Pour the dressing over the salad; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 4 to 8 hours.
Tip: You can substitute any flavor of tortellini — dried or refrigerated — in this recipe. Spinach tortellini can be found in the refrigerated dairy section of your local supermarket.
Hungry for more? Chow down on these:
Beef Tortellini Salad Recipe © 2005 Dot Vartan. All rights reserved.
Hey, there. Just a reminder that all our content is copyright protected. Like a photo? Please don't use it without our written permission. Like a recipe? Kindly contact the publisher listed above for permission before you post it (that's what we did) and rewrite it in your own words. That's the law, kids. And don't forget to link back to this page, where you found it. Thanks!