Assemble this meal in the morning and refrigerate it on busy days so that dinnertime is a snap.–Dot Vartan
Beef Tortellini Salad Recipe
- Quick Glance
- 20 M
- 4 H, 20 M
- Makes 6 servings
- One 9-ounce package refrigerated spinach tortellini
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound boneless sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 zucchini, peeled and cut into small chunks
- One 7 1/2-ounce jar marinated artichoke hearts
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced roasted red peppers
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup cubed mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1. Prepare tortellini according to package directions and drain.
- 2. Heat the 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the beef strips and saute until slightly pink in the center. Remove the meat with a slotted spoon. Cut the strips in half.
- 3. Combine the tortellini, beef, zucchini, artichoke hearts, peppers, tomatoes, cheese, parsley, and basil in a large bowl.
- 4. Whisk together 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil, vinegar, thyme, oregano, and garlic in a small bowl. Pour the dressing over the salad; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 4 to 8 hours.
Tip: You can substitute any flavor of tortellini — dried or refrigerated — in this recipe. Spinach tortellini can be found in the refrigerated dairy section of your local supermarket.
Beef Tortellini Salad Recipe © 2005 Dot Vartan. All rights reserved.