I got the idea for tequila-bathed cherry tomatoes from my friend Lucinda Hutson, an herbalist and author of The Herb Garden Cookbook. During my years in Austin, I spent many a happy moment in her wondrous garden. Lucinda was one of the original “pastry queens,” a group of friends and food professionals who used to gather for monthly dinners. (I ended up with the title by being the only one who stuck with the pastry business. Being referred to in print as “the Pastry Queen” by an Austin food writer sealed the deal.)
Lucinda knows how to throw a great party, with plenty of fabulous food and drink. This simple, refreshing cherry tomato salad will enhance any holiday buffet table.–Rebecca Rather
Tomatoes with Tequila-Lime Vinaigrette Recipe
- Quick Glance
- 10 M
- 2 H
- Serves 4 to 6
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 to 4 tablespoons tequila
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1. In a medium bowl, whisk together the lime, salt, tequila, vinegar, parsley, and olive oil.
- 2. Add the tomatoes and toss to coat.
- 3. Let the tomatoes stand at room temperature for about 2 hours before serving.
Hungry for more? Chow down on these:
Tomatoes with Tequila-Lime Vinaigrette Recipe © 2007 Rebecca Rather. Photo © 2007 Laurie Smith. All rights reserved.
Hello. Just a reminder that all our content is copyright protected. Like a photo? Please don't use it without our written permission. Like a recipe? Kindly contact the publisher listed above for permission before you post it (that's what we did) and rewrite it in your own words. That's the law, kids. And don't forget to link back to this page, where you found it. Thanks!