Earthy root vegetables become kissed with sweetness and a subtle spiciness when lightly caramelized. Roasting turns the interiors of the diced roots into soft, silky morsels. Tossed together they make a perfect fall and winter accompaniment to any roasted meat.–Maria Helm Sinskey
Roasted Caramelized Root Vegetables Recipe
- Quick Glance
- 25 M
- 1 H, 25 M
- Serves 4
- 20 pearl onions, peeled
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium parsnip, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 small celery root, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium rutabaga, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme leaves
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1. Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- 2. In a large bowl, toss the root vegetables together with the olive oil and thyme. Season with salt and pepper.
- 3. Arrange the root vegetables in a single layer on a baking sheet and dot with the butter.
- 4. Roast for 30 minutes, stir, and continue roasting for another 25 to 30 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender and golden.
- 5. Serve immediately.
Hungry for more? Chow down on these:
Roasted Caramelized Root Vegetables Recipe © 2003 Maria Helm Sinskey. All rights reserved.
Hey, there. Just a reminder that all our content is copyright protected. Like a photo? Please don't use it without our written permission. Like a recipe? Kindly contact the publisher listed above for permission before you post it (that's what we did) and rewrite it in your own words. That's the law, kids. And don't forget to link back to this page, where you found it. Thanks!