I love sauteed greens just about any time of the year, lightly coated with olive oil and garlic. There are such wonderful types of greens available today, it’s almost impossible to choose just one. Add some mustard greens, leftover beet greens, and baby spinach to your mix for a rainbow of flavors.–Sondra Bernstein
Wilted Greens Recipe
- Quick Glance
- 20 M
- 20 M
- Serves 6
- 2 pounds greens, such as chard or kale, stemmed and well cleaned
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Salt and pepper
- 1. Tear the greens into large pieces. Heat the olive oil in a large pan and saute the garlic and shallots. Add the greens and then add the white wine. Cover. Cook until tender, stirring so as not to burn the bottom, 4 to 5 minutes.
- 2. Add the butter and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Wilted Greens Recipe © 2004 Sondra Bernstein. All rights reserved.