These sweet and spicy nuts are addictive little snacks, so spread them around with care. The sugar and red-pepper flakes hit just the right balance of sugar and heat, making them a great accompaniment to drinks, especially Champagne.–David Leite
Roasted Sweet and Spicy Nuts Recipe
- Quick Glance
- 5 M
- 35 M
- Makes 2 cups
- Cooking spray
- 1 egg white
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried red-pepper flakes
- 2 cups mixed raw nuts of your choice
- 1. Preheat the oven to 300° (150°C). Line a cookie sheet with foil and coat with the cooking spray. Whisk the egg white until very foamy. Add the sugar, salt, cumin, and red pepper-flakes and whisk well. Stir in the nuts and coat well.
- 2. Spread the nuts in single layer on the cookie sheet. Bake until they’re a deep golden brown, about 25 to 30 minutes, stirring often. Remove the sheet from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool. Break up any clumps. (The sweet and spicy nuts be made a week in advance. Store in an airtight container.)
Hungry for more? Chow down on these:
Roasted Sweet and Spicy Nuts Recipe © 2009 David Leite. Photo © 2009 Kate Mathis. All rights reserved.
Hey, there. Just a reminder that all our content is copyright protected. Like a photo? Please don't use it without our written permission. Like a recipe? Kindly contact the publisher listed above for permission before you post it (that's what we did) and rewrite it in your own words. That's the law, kids. And don't forget to link back to this page, where you found it. Thanks!