The person responsible for the famous Tennessee T-Cakes would never part with her secret recipe, but she did send me a recipe, almost as decadent as the tea cakes, from one of her cookbooks on tailgating parties. This is from the section cleverly titled “1st Quarter” and makes a wonderful appetizer.–Rebecca Gray
LC Cheese on Cheese Note
Cheese on cheese? Makes for a pretty unanimous crowd-pleaser if you ask us. And you’ll get no complaints from us that it can be made in advance and stashed in the fridge till party time.
Chutney-Nut-Stuffed Brie Recipe
- Quick Glance
- 20 M
- 1 H, 20 M
- Serves 16
- Two 8-ounce, 4 1/2-inch Brie wheels
- One 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons prepared chutney
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup toasted sliced or slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Red and green seedless grapes
- 1. Split each Brie wheel in half horizontally. Place the bottom 2 halves on serving platters and set the top halves aside.
- 2. Beat the cream cheese and butter in a bowl with an electric mixer on medium-high speed until fluffy. Add the chutney and pepper and continue to beat until thoroughly combined.
- 3. Spread half the cream cheese mixture on the bottom layers of brie, sprinkle with half the almonds and half the parsley, if using, and top with the remaining Brie halves. Press lightly. Spread the remaining cream cheese mixture evenly over the tops of the Brie and sprinkle with the remaining almonds and parsley. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour and up to overnight.
- 4. Serve the Brie rounds with crackers and grapes.
Hungry for more? Chow down on these:
Chutney-Nut-Stuffed Brie Recipe © 2008 Rebecca Gray. All rights reserved.