I use this technique all the time. Just buzz through some ingredients with a cleaver and season them with olive oil, lemon juice, maybe a little vinegar. It’s rustic and incredibly tasty and looks great on a plate. This relish recipe of pomegranate, walnuts, and parsley is a standout with seared sea scallops.–Tyler Florence
LC Oh, the Places You'll Go Note
We won’t deny it. This vibrantly colored sauce, relish, side–whatever you want to call it– is a veritable jumble of pleasing tastes and textures and is marvelous spooned atop sea scallops. But let’s not stop there. Dollop it over white fish. Dark meat chicken. Turkey cutlets. Couscous. Quinoa. Rice. Oh, the places you’ll go…er, it’ll go, whether weeknight or weekend, quick fix or dinner party. And oh, the accolades you’ll get.
Pomegranate Walnut Relish Recipe
- Quick Glance
- 5 M
- 5 M
- Makes about 1 cup of relish
- 1/2 cup whole pomegranate seeds (from 1 small pomegranate)
- 1/4 cup walnut pieces, toasted
- 1/4 cup celery leaves, chopped (optional)
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves
- Grated zest of 1 small orange, preferably organic
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice or pomegranate juice
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Toss the pomegranate seeds, walnut pieces, celery leaves, parsley, orange zest, olive oil and lemon juice in a large bowl. Taste and season with salt and pepper accordingly. Use immediately.
Hungry for more? Chow down on these:
Pomegranate Walnut Relish Recipe © 2005 Tyler Florence. Photo © 2005 Petrina Tinslay. All rights reserved.
Hey, there. Just a reminder that all our content is copyright protected. Like a photo? Please don't use it without our written permission. Like a recipe? Kindly contact the publisher listed above for permission before you post it (that's what we did) and rewrite it in your own words. That's the law, kids. And don't forget to link back to this page, where you found it. Thanks!