Why settle for a blue cheese dip recipe that practically requires a search party to find the few bits of cheese swimming around in the mayo? Especially when you can have this one, chock-full of pungent blue cheese –thick, tangy, decadent, and so much better for you.–Ellie Krieger
LC Ample Applications Note
This indulgent blue cheese dip recipe has ample applications–as a dip for crudités, as a smear on steak, as an accompaniment to all manner of things. Although the most expected, inspired, impassioned, and perhaps enticing application has to be as an accompaniment to–you guessed it–wings.
Blue Cheese Dip Recipe
- Quick Glance
- 5 M
- 5 M
- Makes about 3/4 cup
- 1/4 cup plain Greek-style nonfat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons store bought or homemade mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup (1 1/2 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- 1. In a small bowl, stir together the yogurt, mayonnaise, vinegar, and blue cheese. Mash any very large chunks of blue cheese with the back of a spoon to integrate it into the dip.
- 2. You can make the dip up to 3 days ahead and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. When you want to serve it, allow it to come to room temperature before serving. A gentle suggestion: Make plenty because this goes fast.
Hungry for more? Chow down on these:
Blue Cheese Dip Recipe © 2011 Ellie Krieger. Photo © 2011 Quentin Bacon. All rights reserved.
Hey, there. Just a reminder that all our content is copyright protected. Like a photo? Please don't use it without our written permission. Like a recipe? Kindly contact the publisher listed above for permission before you post it (that's what we did) and rewrite it in your own words. That's the law, kids. And don't forget to link back to this page, where you found it. Thanks!