A coffee crusted grilled pork chops recipe that requires nothing more than a simple spice rub yet yields mind-numbingly complex taste. And chances are you already have all the ingredients you need.
This coffee crusted grilled pork chops recipe relies on a simple spice rub for its complex and beguiling taste that’s” sooo balanced” according to everyone who’s made it. There’s not an overwhelming coffee presence, just a slight hint of heat and an earthy, almost chocolatey, flavor. Time and again, we’ve heard from folks just how balanced the flavors of savory, sweet, spicy, and smoky, and that if they didn’t know there was coffee in the rub, they may not have even guessed that ingredient since “it lingered only in the background.” What else are they saying about this coffee crusted grilled pork chops recipe? “Wow!” “Off-the-charts good!” “Divine.” “Amazingly juicy and tender.” “A definite keeper.” Sorta makes you want to try them, eh? This recipe has been updated. Originally published June 9, 2014.–Renee Schettler Rossi
Special Equipment: Instant-read thermometer (helpful but optional)
Coffee Crusted Grilled Pork Chops Recipe
- Quick Glance
- 10 M
- 25 M
- Serves 6
- 1 tablespoon ground coffee (preferably finely ground)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons turbinado sugar (such as Sugar In The Raw)
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated onion
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 bone-in pork chops (about 3/4 inch thick)
- 1. Prepare a grill to cook directly over medium heat.
- 2. In a small bowl, stir together the coffee, salt, sugar, cayenne, granulated onion, granulated garlic, and cinnamon. Mix well.
- 3. Sprinkle the pork chops on both sides with the rub mixture, being certain to really rub it into the pork chops. Use all of the spice rub so there’s none leftover.
- 4. Place the chops on the grill and let them cook, without nudging or moving or otherwise touching them, until well browned, 4 to 5 minutes. Flip the pork chops and cook until browned and cooked to an internal temperature of 150°F (65°C), 4 to 5 minutes more. Transfer the chops to a platter and let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Hungry for more? Chow down on these:
- Coffee Rubbed Pork Roast from Budget Bytes
- Grilled Flank Steak with Coffee Sauce from One Perfect Bite
- Grilled Country Pork Chops with Bourbon-Basted Grilled Peaches from Leite's Culinaria
- Five-Spice Pork Chops from Leite's Culinaria
Coffee Crusted Grilled Pork Chops Recipe © 2013 Ray Lampe. Photo © 2013 Jody Horton. All rights reserved.
Hey, there. Just a reminder that all our content is copyright protected. Like a photo? Please don't use it without our written permission. Like a recipe? Kindly contact the publisher listed above for permission before you post it (that's what we did) and rewrite it in your own words. That's the law, kids. And don't forget to link back to this page, where you found it. Thanks!