According to celebrity pastry chef Christina Tosi of Momofuku Milk Bar, “there is a less mundane, more scintillating way of making graham cracker crust than the simple mash-up of cracker crumbs, butter, and sugar you learned at your momma’s elbow.” Here it is.–Christina Tosi
LC Gussied Up Grahams Note
This gussied-up graham cracker crust recipe isn’t difficult to make, but it is different from what you’re accustomed to making. I mean, milk powder? Heavy cream? Best thing we can say is, just do it. Then use it—preferably in the ridiculously addictive Compost Cookies recipe or as a crust for any bar cookie or pie. Then get back to us. Talk about some gussied up grahams.
Momofuku Milk Bar's Graham Cracker Crust Recipe
- Quick Glance
- 5 M
- 5 M
- Makes about 2 cups
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup milk powder
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 tablespoons (2 ounces) unsalted butter, melted, plus more as needed
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1. Toss the graham cracker crumbs, milk powder, sugar, and salt in a medium bowl, using your hands to evenly distribute the ingredients.
- 2. Whisk the butter and heavy cream together in another bowl. Add to the dry ingredients and toss again to evenly distribute. The butter will act as a glue, adhering to the dry ingredients and turning the mixture into a bunch of small clusters. The mixture should hold its shape if squeezed tightly in the palm of your hand. (If it’s not moist enough to do so, melt an additional 1 to 1 1/2 tablespoons butter and mix it in.)
- 3. Immediately eat the graham cracker crust or deploy it as directed in a recipe. (Actually, you don’t HAVE to utilize it immediately. While the graham cracker crust is easiest to mold just after mixing, you can toss it in an airtight container and stash it in the fridge or freezer for up to 1 month.)
Hungry for more? Chow down on these:
- Chocolate Chess Pie with Coconut Graham Cracker Crust from Eat. Drink. Smile.
- Lemon Bars with Pistachio-Graham Cracker Crust from Une Gamine Dans La Cuisine
- Pumpkin Cheesecake with Gingersnap Pecan Crust from Leite's Culinaria
- Blueberry Yogurt Pie with Granola Crust from Leite's Culinaria
Momofuku Milk Bar's Graham Cracker Crust Recipe © 2011 Christina Tosi. All rights reserved.
Hey, there. Just a reminder that all our content is copyright protected. Like a photo? Please don't use it without our written permission. Like a recipe? Kindly contact the publisher listed above for permission before you post it (that's what we did) and rewrite it in your own words. That's the law, kids. And don't forget to link back to this page, where you found it. Thanks!