Kids love this berry smoothie recipe, and so do I. It’s a tasty way to eat a large serving of fruit and is perfect for breakfast or snack time. This berry smoothie is packed with antioxidants. It’s also high in probiotics, which give your immune system a great boost, and also high in protein. Keep a few bags of your favorite fruit in the freezer at all times and you’ll always be prepared.–Marina Delio
LC Stick A Straw In It Note
Few things make us feel like a kid again more than sipping something through a straw. Especially when it’s something that’s sooooo thick it’s sort of difficult to suck through a straw but because you don’t know that at the time you end up sucking in your cheeks until you resemble your reflection in some crazy fun-house mirror. This blueberry smoothie is sorta like that. (Thick, that is. Not your reflection in a funhouse mirror.) If that’s a problem for you or the straw-lovers in your household, just add a little more juice. Otherwise, simply stick a straw in it and deal.
Special Equipment: Straws (optional)
Berry Smoothie Recipe
- Quick Glance
- 5 M
- 5 M
- Serves 2
- 1/2 cup vanilla kefir
- 1/4 cup pomegranate juice, plus more as needed
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/2 teaspoon agave nectar or honey, plus more to taste (optional)
- 1. Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. The berry smoothie will be really, really thick. (Not all blenders have the same horsepower. If your blender stops rotating its blade, turn the blender off and unplug the blender and stir the ingredients with a spoon. If you know your blender isn’t the sharpest tool in the shed, you may want to start by adding just the kefir and juice to the blender and then slowly adding the berries, a few at a time, through the hole in the blender’s lid. You can always add a little more juice.)
- 2. Taste and add more agave nectar or honey, if desired, in 1/2-teaspoon increments.
- 3. Scrape the berry smoothie into a couple glasses and, if desired, stick a straw in it.
Thirsty for more? Sip on these:
Berry Smoothie Recipe © 2013 Marina Delio. Photo © 2013 Marina Delio. All rights reserved.
Hey, there. Just a reminder that all our content is copyright protected. Like a photo? Please don't use it without our written permission. Like a recipe? Kindly contact the publisher listed above for permission before you post it (that's what we did) and rewrite it in your own words. That's the law, kids. And don't forget to link back to this page, where you found it. Thanks!