This coffee rub recipe is equally adept at glamming up steak or pork and is easy to make with just coffee grounds, sugar, and everyday spices.
“This coffee rub is AMAZING!” “Best coffee rub EVER!!!” “The stuff of dreams!” That’s what folks are saying about this coffee rub recipe. Even better, you can toss it together in seconds from sugar and spice and, natch, ground coffee—and chances are you already have all these ingredients on hand. Sorta makes you want to try it, huh? This recipe has been updated. Originally published June 21, 2015.–Renee Schettler Rossi
Coffee Rub Recipe
- Quick Glance
- 5 M
- 5 M
- Makes 1/2 cup
- 7 teaspoons sea salt
- 4 1/2 teaspoons ground coffee
- 4 teaspoons dark brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons chile powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Pinch ground coriander
- Pinch ground turmeric
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the salt, coffee, brown sugar, chile powder, black pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne, coriander, and turmeric. The coffee rub will keep in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 6 months.
Hungry for more? Chow down on these:
Coffee Rub Recipe © 2014 Chris Lilly. All rights reserved.
Hey, there. Just a reminder that all our content is copyright protected. Like a photo? Please don't use it without our written permission. Like a recipe? Kindly contact the publisher listed above for permission before you post it (that's what we did) and rewrite it in your own words. That's the law, kids. And don't forget to link back to this page, where you found it. Thanks!