Grilled chicken tacos with mango. Perhaps not exactly what you were expecting for a random weeknight dinner. It wasn’t what we were expecting, either. We couldn’t be more pleased about this. Prepare to be astounded.–Renee Schettler Rossi
LC Take the Time To Read This! Note
Yep. Grilled chicken tacos with mango. Prepare to be astounded. (What? Perhaps you were expecting a humdrum weeknight dinner?)
Grilled Chicken Tacos With Mango Recipe
- Quick Glance
- 40 M
- 45 M
- Serves 3 to 6
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or mild vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds (750 grams) boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 bunch scallions, ends trimmed
- 2 firm but ripe mangoes, pitted, peeled, and each cut into 4 thick slices
- 10 to 12 small flour or corn tortillas, warmed
- Chunky guacamole, for serving
- Lime wedges, for serving
- 1. Build a medium-hot fire in a charcoal grill or preheat a gas grill to medium-high.
- 2. In a large bowl, whisk together 2 tablespoons oil, the cumin, chili powder, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, and 3/4 teaspoon pepper. Add the chicken and toss to coat thoroughly. Let stand for 10 minutes at room temperature.
- 3. Meanwhile, arrange the scallions and mangoes on a small baking sheet. Brush on both sides with the remaining 1 tablespoon oil and season lightly all over with salt and pepper.
- 4. Arrange the scallions and mangoes on the grate directly over the heat and grill, turning once, until nicely grill-marked on both sides, about 2 minutes per side for the scallions and 4 minutes per side for the mangoes. Transfer everything to a cutting board as it’s finished. Let cool slightly, then cut the mangoes and scallions into 1-inch (2 1/2-centimeter) pieces. Place everything on a platter and cover with aluminum foil to keep warm.
- 5. Arrange the chicken on the grate directly over the heat and grill, turning once, until nicely grill-marked and cooked through, 6 to 7 minutes per side. Transfer to a cutting board and let rest for a few minutes, then cut into 1-inch (2 1/2-centimeter) pieces and add to the platter with the mangoes and scallions.
- 6. Pass the chicken, mangoes, scallions, and tortillas at the table and serve with the guacamole and limes on the side.
Hungry for more? Chow down on these:
Grilled Chicken Tacos With Mango Recipe © 2014 Kate McMillan. Photo © 2014 Erin Kunkel. All rights reserved.
Hey, there. Just a reminder that all our content is copyright protected. Like a photo? Please don't use it without our written permission. Like a recipe? Kindly contact the publisher listed above for permission before you post it (that's what we did) and rewrite it in your own words. That's the law, kids. And don't forget to link back to this page, where you found it. Thanks!