This simple Parmesan toast recipe comes together in just 15 minutes, making it a great last-minute appetizer. These cheesy toasts are delicious on their own, chopped up and tossed in salads, floated on soups, or fancied up with other embellishments.–Rick Rodgers
LC Cheesy Toast Note
Parmesan toast. Cheesy toast. Same thing. Just depends on the situation at hand and the company you keep. No judgement passed here. (Although if you ask our opinion, tossing these on a Chicken Caesar Salad may be one of the most epic Parmesan toast moves you can make in the kitchen.)
- Crusty baguette cut into slices about 1/2 inch (12 millimeters) thick
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese freshly grated
- Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Place the baguette slices on a baking sheet and brush generously with the oil. Bake until lightly browned, about 10 minutes. Flip the toasts over and sprinkle each with Parmesan. Continue baking until the cheese is melted and lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Let the Parmesan toasts cool for 1 to 2 minutes. Serve at once.
Recipe Testers’ Reviews
The Parmesan toast was wonderful. I had fancy wheat bread with caraway in it. The caraway was great with Caesar salad dressing!
I made the Parmesan toast to go with Caesar salad and loved them. This is what sets Caesar salad apart from other salad recipes. I would not skip them. I’d like to try the bread on the grill for another tastebud experience.
Originally published July 12, 2015