This ginger and lemon popsicle recipe is a favorite choice for those who love contrasting sensations. Prepare for something intense, sweet, spicy, and mouth-puckering.–Cesar and Nadia Roden
LC Simply Stunning Note
Sometimes the simplest of things are simply stunning—like this lemon popsicle recipe, which is worthy of some serious whistles.
Special Equipment: Popsicle molds (or substitute ramekins or disposable cups and wooden popsicle sticks)
Lemon Popsicle Recipe
- Quick Glance
- 10 M
- 15 M
- Makes 8 to 10
- 2 3/4-inch piece ginger, peeled
- 3 1/2 cups cold water
- Scant 1 cup granulated sugar
- Finely grated zest of 2 small lemons, preferably organic
- 5 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 8 to 10 extra-thin lemon slices (optional)
- 1. Peel and finely grate the ginger over a small bowl to catch any juice. Dump the grated ginger, any ginger juice, water, sugar, and lemon zest in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer. Simmer until the sugar has dissolved, then remove the pan from the heat and let the syrup cool to room temperature.
- 2. Pour the syrup mixture through a fine strainer, pressing down firmly on the ginger with the back of a spoon to extract all the juice. Discard the solids. Stir the lemon juice into the syrup mixture.
- 3. Pour the syrup mixture into your popsicle molds, leaving 1/4-inch space at the top of each mold to allow the mixture to expand when it freezes. (If you have any extra syrup mixture, we strongly encourage you to mix some with seltzer or vodka.) Carefully slide a lemon slice into the mold, if using. Then insert a popsicle stick into the mold and freeze until solid, about 2 hours.
Hungry for more? Chow down on these:
Hey, there. Just a reminder that all our content is copyright protected. Like a photo? Please don't use it without our written permission. Like a recipe? Kindly contact the publisher listed above for permission before you post it (that's what we did) and rewrite it in your own words. That's the law, kids. And don't forget to link back to this page, where you found it. Thanks!