After trying these Campari and grapefruit popsicles–made with just water, sugar, grapefruit juice, and Campari–you may need to buy a second popsicle mold. One to keep at the ready for mommy’s special treats.
This Campari and grapefruit popsicles are a sweetly tart summer cocktail on a stick that are so seductive, you may find you need to purchase a second popsicle mold—one for mommy’s special popsicles so they can always be at the ready. Originally published July 20, 2015.–Renee Schettler Rossi
Special Equipment: Popsicle molds; wooden popsicle sticks
Campari and Grapefruit Popsicles Recipe
- Quick Glance
- 15 M
- 1 D
- Makes 8 to 10
- 1/2 cup cold water (120 ml)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar (100 g)
- 2 1/2 cups freshly squeezed ruby red grapefruit juice, from about 4 grapefruits (590 ml)
- 1/3 cup Campari (80 ml)
- 1. Combine the water and sugar in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer. Cook, stirring, until the sugar dissolves. Remove from the heat and stir in the grapefruit juice and Campari.
- 2. Pour the mixture into your popsicle molds, leaving 1/4 inch space at the top of each mold. Insert the popsicle sticks into the molds and freeze until the popsicles are solid, at least 2 hours.